From Unofficial Stationeers Wiki
|Created With||Fabricator, Tool Manufactory|
|Cost||5g Iron, 2g Copper|
A combined jetpack / storage unit worn on the back, usually in combination with an [EVA Suit]]. The jetpack is capable of flight speeds of 3m/s (slightly slower than running in a spacesuit over smooth terrain). The jetpack is especially useful for construction work and mining.
A larger, more powerful but much more expensive Hardsuit Jetpack is also available, as is a more-readily attainable [Hardsuit Backpack]] (which provides additional storage but no jetpack functionality).
Your jetpack can be activated using the Keyboard shortcut 'J' or by pressing the Spacebar (which will cause you to gain altitude). It also significantly increases your carrying capacity.
The jetpack includes a Stabiliser function, which when activated will cause your character to 'hover' after gaining altitude in a gravity well, rather than falling. It is also possible to adjut the 'Thrust' Value of your jetpack. This will not change the top speed you can attain, but instead adjusts the rate of acceleration. The basic Spacepack can therefore be made more responsive by increasing its Thrust setting.
Your backpack storage and jetpack functions can be accessed by pressing the Number '4' key. This will bring up a panel showing the backpacks's settings, as follows:
- Stabiliser On / Off - Toggle the Stabaliser on and off
- Thrust Up/Down - When the jetapck is active, adjusts Thrust by increments of +/-10%
The colour of an (unworn) helmet can be changed using Spray Paint.
It contains 10 slots, as follows:
- 1x Propellant Tank - Insert a Canister or Gas Canister (Smart) containing suitable propellant gas (usually pure N2, but sometimes [Carbond Dioxide|CO2]])
- 9x Generic Storage slots
- Your backpack can hold items stacked within items (so in theory, you could nest multiple backpacks - although this may be contrary to the spirit of the game!)
- It is theoretically possible to mix EVA Suit elements and Hardsuit elements, although this is relatively uncommon
- Marine Armor has no matching backpack, and could therefore be supplemented sensibly with any backpack
- Any gas mix can be used as propellant, as Thrust is generated by controlled venting of the gas, not by combustion (although see below...)
- Your jetpack vents its propellant directly into the atmosphere or any sealed room you are inside - as such, your jetpack could potentially contaminate a sealed environment (for example with Carbon Dioxide or Pollutant), or even cause a fire if it causes Oxygen and Hydrogen to mix in sufficient quantities to support spontaneous combustion
- In theory, you could carry a spare propellant tank in your backpack, potentially with an alternate gas mix (possibly allowing safe use of jetpack 'indoors')
- Generally you will wish to use a gas with plentiful availability as jetpack propellant (such as Carbon Dioxide on Mars)