From Unofficial Stationeers Wiki
|Created With||Fabricator, Tool Manufactory|
|Cost||5g Iron, 2g Copper|
A combined jetpack / storage unit worn on the back, usually in combination with an [EVA Suit]]. The jetpack is capable of flight speeds of up to 8m/s (more than double that of Basic Jetpack, or running). The jetpack is especially useful for construction work and mining. The Spacepack uses more propellant than the Basic Jetpack, but is still very fuel-efficient when compared with the Hardsuit Jetpack.
Your jetpack can be activated using the Keyboard shortcut 'J' or by pressing the Spacebar (which will cause you to gain altitude). It also significantly increases your carrying capacity.
The jetpack includes a Stabiliser function, which when activated will cause your character to 'hover' after gaining altitude in a gravity well, rather than falling. It is also possible to adjust the 'Thrust' Value of your jetpack. This will not change the top speed you can attain, but instead adjusts the rate of acceleration. The basic Spacepack can therefore be made more responsive by increasing its Thrust setting.
Your backpack storage and jetpack functions can be accessed by pressing the Number '4' key. This will bring up a panel showing the backpack's settings, as follows:
- Stabiliser On / Off - Toggle the Stabilizer on and off
- Thrust Up/Down - When the jetpack is active, adjusts Thrust by increments of +/-10%
The colour of an (unworn) Jetpack can be changed using Spray Paint.
It contains 10 slots, as follows:
- 1x Propellant Tank - Insert a Canister or Gas Canister (Smart) containing suitable propellant gas (usually pure N2, but sometimes CO2)
- 9x Generic Storage slots
- Spacepack uses approximately two times the gas volume of Basic Jetpack while manoeuvring.
- Hardsuit Jetpack uses many times (at least 20x) the gas volume of Spacepack while manoeuvring.
- Regardless of stabilizer setting, significant propellant is only expended during acceleration. Only a very small amount of propellant is used while hovering or travelling at consistent speeds.
- Your backpack can hold items stacked within items (so in theory, you could nest multiple backpacks - although this may be contrary to the spirit of the game!)
- It is theoretically possible to mix EVA Suit elements and Hardsuit elements, although this is relatively uncommon
- Marine Armor has no matching backpack, and could therefore be supplemented sensibly with any backpack
- Any gas mix can be used as propellant, as Thrust is generated by controlled venting of the gas, not by combustion (although see below...)
- Your jetpack vents its propellant directly into the atmosphere or any sealed room you are inside - as such, your jetpack could potentially contaminate a sealed environment (for example with Carbon Dioxide or Pollutant), or even cause a fire if it causes Oxygen and Hydrogen to mix in sufficient quantities to support spontaneous combustion
- In theory, you could carry a spare propellant tank in your backpack, potentially with an alternate gas mix (possibly allowing safe use of jetpack 'indoors')
- Generally you will wish to use a gas with plentiful availability as jetpack propellant (such as Carbon Dioxide on Mars)