From Unofficial Stationeers Wiki
|Created With||Tool Manufactory|
|Cost||20g Steel, 8g Astroloy, 8g Stellite, 8g Waspaloy|
A combined jetpack / storage unit worn on the back, usually in combination with a Hardsuit. The jetpack is capable of very high flight speeds of 15m/s (over 3x faster running in a spacesuit over smooth terrain), and will generate significant inertia whilst at full speed. The jetpack is especially useful for travelling long distance.
The Hardsuit Jetpack consumes propellant at a prodigious rate, much faster than a Spacepack or Basic Jetpack. As such, it is recommended that you fuel the Hardsuit Jetpack with Gas Canister (Smart) rather than Gas Canister, as they can hold twice the volume ( or pressure) of gas. It is also suggested that you improve your gas supply as you will regularly replace even a fully charged smart canister with this jetpack.
Your jetpack can be activated using the Keyboard shortcut 'J' or by pressing the Spacebar (which will cause you to gain altitude). It also significantly increases your carrying capacity.
The jetpack includes a Stabilizer function, which when activated will cause your character to 'hover' after gaining altitude in a gravity well, rather than falling. It is also possible to adjust the 'Thrust' Value of your jetpack. This will not change the top speed you can attain, but instead adjusts the rate of acceleration. The Hardsuit Jetpack can therefore be made much less twitchy for use around your base by decreasing its Thrust setting.
Your backpack storage and jetpack functions can be accessed by pressing the Number '4' key. This will bring up a panel showing the backpack's settings, as follows:
- Stabilizer On / Off - Toggle the Stabilizer on and off
- Thrust Up/Down - When the jetpack is active, adjusts Thrust by increments of +/-10%
The colour of an (unworn) Jetpack can be changed using Spray Paint.
It contains 15 slots, as follows:
- 1x Propellant Tank - Insert a Canister or Gas Canister (Smart) containing suitable propellant gas (usually pure N2, but sometimes CO2)
- 14x Generic Storage slots
- Your backpack can hold items stacked within items (you could nest multiple backpacks - although this may be contrary to the spirit of the game!)
- It is possible to mix EVA Suit elements and Hardsuit elements, although this is relatively uncommon
- Marine Armor has no matching backpack, and could therefore be supplemented sensibly with any backpack
- Any gas mix can be used as propellant, as Thrust is generated by controlled venting of the gas, not by combustion (although see below...)
- Your jetpack vents its propellant directly into the atmosphere or any sealed room you are inside - as such, your jetpack could potentially contaminate a sealed environment (for example with Carbon Dioxide or Pollutant), or even cause a fire if it causes Oxygen and Hydrogen to mix in sufficient quantities to support spontaneous combustion
- In theory, you could carry a spare propellant tank in your backpack, potentially with an alternate gas mix (possibly allowing safe use of jetpack 'indoors')
- Generally you will wish to use a gas with plentiful availability as jetpack propellant (such as Carbon Dioxide on Mars, or even just pressurized local atmosphere)