From Unofficial Stationeers Wiki
Farming plants can be done with Portable Hydroponics, Hydroponic Tray, Hydroponic Station or Automated Hydroponics. Only Automated Hydroponics comes with its own airtight compartment, all others used an open design so a controlled atmosphere (greenhouse) is required to operate these equipment without plants dying.
- Build an airtight room with an airlock. Use simple airlock if the environment outside is vacuum, or advanced airlock if the outside world has pressure.
- With Hydroponic Station, direct sunlight is not required so you can build the greenhouse anywhere using any material.
- With Portable Hydroponics or Hydroponic Tray however, the greenhouse should be located with maximum sun exposure in mind, and all walls/ceilings facing the sun trajectory made of glass.
- Build an entire set of pressure/temperature/gasMixture control for the greenhouse, either manual system or automated (via logic chips or programable IC chip). Make sure the following conditions are met, or the plant will wither through a declining health bar:
- 7.7KPa < Pressure < 145KPa. Glass panel collapses near 150KPa
- 15oC < Temperature < 50oC
- Pollutant (aka X gas) ratio < 2%
- no hydrogen in the air. It's not tested if it's poisonous to the plants, but merely because plants generate oxygen, having some hydrogen in the mix will be catastrophic.
- sufficient carbon dioxide in the air.
- Provide grow beds with water, or the plant will wither through a declining health bar. Insert a canister of water into the slot of Portable Hydroponics. Connect Hydroponic Tray or Hydroponic Station to a pipe network containing water.
- Provide illumination to the plants. Activate the UV light on Hydroponic Station, or wait till the sun come up. Plant won't die for lack of light exposure, merely stops growing. Low sunlight strength on Europa will produce misleading warning saying 'no sunlight', but really it is just growing at reduced rate.
- Wait till the plant matures(cursor hints current yield), and harvest.
- A healthy plant consumes water and carbon dioxide, then produces oxygen and radiates heat into surrounding atmosphere. Constant manual intervention or another feedback loop into the environment control will be necessary to keep the greenhouse running in the long term.
In this Page I try to collect an overview of all "growables" to plan further in game.
This is a work in progress!
I have to say that my english is far less good that it could be.
So, if there is something to adjust please be welcome to just hit the discussion page. I am thankful for every advise!
Efficiency of raw food and meals
The following table compares the sustainability of everything eatable in meals:
(1 meal satisfies 100% of hunger. In this way, 1 muffin for example satisfies 200% of hunger, which sufficient for 2 full meals.)
- per unit (e.g. 1 cereal bar, 1 tomato or 1ml of milk.)
- per stack (e.g. 20 mushrooms or 5 raw corn grains.)
- per plant / grow cycle (e.g. some soybeans or pumpkins, which grow to several (more than 1) on their plants.)
Some of my carryings of information seem to be a bit unlikely. The maybe not-so-correct output of 1 milk can (100ml) for example should last for a hundred meals... That's a exploitation of 10,000%! I think that's kind of suspicious.
That shows me I have to investigate in this data furthermore. So: Use with caution.
I plan to expand (and maybe rework and/or split) the table to account meta-stuff like the expenditure of ingredience and grow time etc.
Ordered List of plantables and cookables
|Name||Efficiency||Ingredients||grows / prepare in|
|(short range)||(medium range)||(long range)|
|Soy Oil||100%||→||1ml||→||20%||→||0,2||→||100||→||20,0||→||1||→||20,0||1 Soybean|
|Muffin||50%||→||1||→||100%||→||2,0||→||1||→||2,0||→||1||→||2,0||50g Flour, 1 Egg, 10ml Milk||Microwave|
|Fries||63%||→||1||→||100%||→||1,6||→||1||→||1,6||→||1||→||1,6||5g Soy Oil, 1 Potato||Microwave|
|Cereal Bar||100%||→||1||→||60%||→||0,6||→||1||→||0,6||→||1||→||0,6||50g Flour||Microwave|