From Unofficial Stationeers Wiki
Taken from Stationeers Stationpedia...
"A simple composting device, the basic composter creates fertilizer out of organic matter.
It accepts food, decayed food, or biomass. It requires a full Liquid Canister and a battery to operate, accelerating the natural composting process.
When processing, it releases Nitrogen and Volatiles, as well as a small amount of heat.
Fertilizer is produced at a 1:3 ratio of fertilizer to ingredients. the fertilizer's effects on plants will vary depending on the respective proportions of its ingredients."
|Food||Increases Yield up to 2x|
|Decayed Food||Increases Growth Speed up to 2x|
|Biomass||Increases Growth Cycles before the Fertilizer runs out|
- Insert an H2O canister with at least 20 mol H2O
- Insert a battery cell
- Insert at least 3 ingredients into the input slot on the top
- Turn on the On switch, it will grind the ingredients
- Point at the Activate button and it will tell you how many are ready for processing. You need at least 3 to produce 1 fertilizer
- Press the Activate button, and it will start processing, including outputting H2 and N2
- When done processing, a fertilizer will be produced in the output slot
- Produced in the Electronics Printer (Tier One)
- Each unit of fertilizer produced requires:
- Power to run the composter
- 3 ingredients (any mix of Food, Decayed Food, or Biomass)
- 20 mol H2O
- While producing one unit of fertilizer, the composter also produces (into the atmosphere):
- 50 mol H2 at 45C
- 50 mol N2 at 45C
- Note that the portable composter seems to produce 15% of the N2 and H2 into the liquid canister, which appears to be a bug