From Unofficial Stationeers Wiki
There are two types of fuel, solid fuel and gas mixtures. The only solid fuel available in the game right now is Coal, coal can be used to fuel the Solid Fuel Generator. In order to use gasses for fuel you need a combustible gas combined with oxygen. The only flammable gas in the game is Volatiles (labeled as H2).
Mixing Gaseous Fuel
You can easily mix fuel by adding O2 and H2 to a pipe network in order to put it into canisters or pump into a furnace. H2 can be attained by melting the Ice (Volatiles) that can be found in the world while O2 can be attained by melting the Ice (Oxite). You can move gasses from the world atmosphere into a pipe network using a passive Vent or an Active Vent. Depending on the proportions of your gas mixture you will be able to attain a more or less efficient burn. Be warned, though, that fuel mixtures will autoignite at 32°C. Also, for any mixture to ignite (albeit inefficiently) it must have at least 5% Oxygen and 5% Hydrogen.
Basic Canister Mixing Setup
- In line pipe canister connector
- 2 Gas connector platform
- Gas mixing valve
- Wires to connect gas mixer to power
- Place the 2 Gas connector platforms
- Connect the 2 gas connector platforms to the inputs of the gas mixer
- Connect the gas mixer output to the canister connector
- Connect the gas mixer power input to power.
- Put a large bottle or scrubber filled with O2 on one platform.
- Put a large bottle or scrubber filled with H2/volatile on the other platform.
- Use a wrench to connect both to their platforms.
- Set gas mixer to desired combination (33% O2 67% H2)
- Turn on gas mixer
- Place empty canister in inline connector.