From Unofficial Stationeers Wiki
(Redirected from Traders)
Traders are NPC that can be called via Computer with installed a Motherboard (Communication).
They will buy and sell any kind of object with the player:
After the player start an interaction with a Trader, the game will open a GUI where the player will select the item to buy or to sell.
The same interface is used to tell to the Trader to depart.
To call a Trader are necessary the following things connetted to the same network:
- A Computer with installed a Motherboard (Communication) (for call the Trader).
- A Satellite Dish (for track the Trader)
- A Vending Machine or Vending Machine Refrigerated, without one connected and powered the trader will refuse to land.
- A Landing Pad.
- Track a Trader signal with the Satellite Dish.
- For trade a player should have Credit Card in any slot of his character inventory (isn't neccesary that is placed in the Credit Card slot of his suit), otherwise any attempt to trade will return an error message with "You do not have enough money to complete this transaction!".
- If a character have more than one Credit Card, the trade will use the last in the inventory order.
- Seems that Traders will buy any item that is placed in a connected Vending Machine or Vending Machine Refrigerated in the same network of the Lading Pad.
- Can be more than one Vending Machine or Vending Machine Refrigerated connected to the same Landing Pad.
- Traders will refuse to land if there isn't any Vending Machine or Vending Machine Refrigerated connected to the Landing Pad, or if no one is powered.
- Sell prices are always more low than the buy value.
- Because Traders buy anything from the player, some items are exploitable to gain big amout of money, like food, or Motherboard (Sorter) (seems to be worth 1500€/$ or more, that is an evident bug).
- Prices of any item depends from the kind of trader.
- If a Credit Card is sold to a Trader the balance within the card is ignored, this means that selling a Credit Card with a balance greater than 0 will cause the player to lose money.
- Traders can't land or depart during storm.
- Sometime a bug lock the trader, caused by the GUI that will not open (for a NullReferenceException), save and reload or dismount the Landing Pad (that will make the trader depart) will fix the bug.